- Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ launched in India, prices start at ₹ 57,900
- TARIFF WAR – Jio Republic Day 2018 Offer : Plans start at ₹ 49
- Honor 9 Lite with Quad Cameras and 18:9 FullView FHD+ display launched
- TARIFF WAR - Jio Happy New Year 2018 Plans : 1GB data per day for ₹ 149 for 28 days
- Android Malware Targets 232 Banking Apps Including Indian Banks
Internet has become an indispensable part of our life. With Google completing 16 years of its existence, it has become a become a nightmare to think about spending a day with Google. Some of us are using Google to check the correct spelling of a word. Nowadays, Internet not only means connectivity but also means sending emails, social networking, online shopping, booking tickets etc. But, is accessing those information safe ? What would be its consequences if they are not safe ? Well, in this article you will find a few tips on how you can make your internet safe and secure.
- Install Antivirus software and make sure to regularly update the same.
- Turn on pop-up blocker on your web browser.
- Avoid opening suspicious links/attachments received via an email. They may contain viruses or spyware that may harm or steal your information.
- Never enter your personal details or financial details like credit card or debit card on suspicious websites. Even if you do make sure that the website is genuine before proceeding with the online transaction.
- Have strong passwords and make sure to change them regularly. if possible, enable two-factor verification.
- Use content filters.
- While accessing internet from shared computers like cyber cafes, libraries always ensure you logout from all our accounts and clear the browser cache/History. Never initiate any kind of online transactions while using such computers.
What if you become a victim of Cyber Crime ?
Even after maintaining a lot of precautions if unfortunately you become a victim of cyber crime then inform the ISP. Next, contact the nearest police station/cyber police station and lodge a report for the same with all the complete details.