- TARIFF WAR – Jio Republic Day 2018 Offer : Plans start at ₹ 49
- Honor 9 Lite with Quad Cameras and 18:9 FullView FHD+ display launched
- TARIFF WAR - Jio Happy New Year 2018 Plans : 1GB data per day for ₹ 149 for 28 days
- Android Malware Targets 232 Banking Apps Including Indian Banks
- OnePlus 5T Star Wars Limited Edition smartphone launched at ₹ 38,999
Indian Telecom operators have reduced calling rates by up to 75 percent on national roaming starting May 1, 2015 after the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India decided to cut ceiling tariffs. As per the new ceiling, inter circle call rates have been reduced by 23 per cent and outgoing local call tariff by 20 per cent, while incoming call rates have been reduced by 40 per cent.
As per the new rates for local calling, a ceiling of 80 paisa/minute has been fixed from the earlier earlier Re. 1/minute and for STD calling, a ceiling of Rs. 1.15/minute has been fixed from the earlier earlier Rs. 1.5/minute. For incoming calls on roaming, a ceiling of 45 paise/minute has been fixed from the earlier 75 paise/minute.
For sending Local SMS, a ceiling of 25 paisa/SMS has been fixed from the earlier Re. 1/SMS and for STD SMS it is has been fixed at 38 paisa/SMS has been fixed from the earlier Re. 1.5/SMS.
With the implementation of the new ceiling rates, it would be a huge relief for the subscribers. The regulator also added that the ceiling rates will be reviewed again next year.