- Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ launched in India, prices start at ₹ 57,900
- TARIFF WAR – Jio Republic Day 2018 Offer : Plans start at ₹ 49
- Honor 9 Lite with Quad Cameras and 18:9 FullView FHD+ display launched
- TARIFF WAR - Jio Happy New Year 2018 Plans : 1GB data per day for ₹ 149 for 28 days
- Android Malware Targets 232 Banking Apps Including Indian Banks
Huawei has launched a new flagship smartphone in Huawei’s Mate Series, the Huawei Mate S. The smartphone sports a 5.5 inch AMOLED FHD screen with Corning Gorilla Glass protection. The handset is powered by a 64-bit Hisilicon Kirin 935, Octa core (Quad Core – 2.2GHz & Quad Core – 1.5GHz) processor with 3GB of RAM and 32GB/64GB/128GB of ROM. The device runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop out of the box with EmotionUI 3.1 on top.
Huawei’s innovative Force Touch technology, available in select markets, perceives different levels of pressure on the screen – allowing the user to complete different actions – such as zooming in to a photo or launching an app – by applying increasing pressure. This technology also allows the screen to be used as an approximate scale. But this is just the start; Huawei looks forward to bringing more new and unique Force Touch applications to life.”, the company said in a press release.
The handset also features a 13MP rear camera and a 8MP front-facing camera. Other feature include 4G LTE, Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi and GPS. The smartphone packs a 2,700mAh battery.
The Standard Version of Mate S will be available with 32GB of ROM and will come in titanium grey or mystique champagne colour variants and is priced at 649 euros. While, the premium version will be available with 64GB of ROM and will come in prestige gold or coral pink variants and is priced at 699 euros.