- Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ launched in India, prices start at ₹ 57,900
- TARIFF WAR – Jio Republic Day 2018 Offer : Plans start at ₹ 49
- Honor 9 Lite with Quad Cameras and 18:9 FullView FHD+ display launched
- TARIFF WAR - Jio Happy New Year 2018 Plans : 1GB data per day for ₹ 149 for 28 days
- Android Malware Targets 232 Banking Apps Including Indian Banks
In a bid to acquire more customers, state – owned telecom firm BSNL has slashed mobile call rates by upto 80 percent for new customers for the first two months. This scheme is also applicable for those customers who wish to switch over to BSNL from their existing service provider under MNP (Mobile Number Portability).
Under this scheme, a customer will have to purchase a plan voucher of Rs. 36 or Rs. 37 for per second and per minute billing respectively.
Customers who will opt for Rs. 36 scheme, they will be charged 1 paisa for every 3 seconds for making Local and STD calls within BSNL network and 2 paisa for every 3 seconds for other networks. Similarly, a customer who will opt for Rs. 37 scheme, they will be charged at 10 paisa for every minute for all Local and STD calls made within BSNL network and 30 paisa for every minute for other networks.
BSNL’s mobile customer base stood at 79.6 million at the end of September 2015 and is now among top 5 players in terms of new subscriber addition during the month.