- Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ launched in India, prices start at ₹ 57,900
- TARIFF WAR – Jio Republic Day 2018 Offer : Plans start at ₹ 49
- Honor 9 Lite with Quad Cameras and 18:9 FullView FHD+ display launched
- TARIFF WAR - Jio Happy New Year 2018 Plans : 1GB data per day for ₹ 149 for 28 days
- Android Malware Targets 232 Banking Apps Including Indian Banks
India’s second largest telecom operator, Vodafone will launch its 4G services in the City of Joy – Kolkata on 25th January, 2016. Since 2012, Bharti Airtel is the only 4G operator in the circle and Kolkata was the first city to get 4G services.
Vodafone has already made its USIM cards available at all the 28 Vodafone Stores across the city. The SIM card is changed using SIMEX process and the entire process up to 4 hours. The operator is also providing 1GB 4G data on pre booking of 4G SIMs. To activate this offer, customers have to type “Voda4G” and SMS it to 199 (toll free). The free data would be added to the customer’s data balance on the day of 4G launch if he/she is having an active 3G Data Plan as on January 24, 2016. The free data balance comes with a validity of 10 days for Prepaid users and for 30 days for Postpaid users.
Vodafone will be launching its 4G services in the 1800MHz band (Band 3) in Kolkata. 4G is pre-dominantly a data network. But, with VoLTE (Voice Over LTE) operators can use the data network to transmit voice services. VoLTE will increase spectrum efficiency as it can offer up to three times more voice and data capacity than 3G network and up to six times more than 2G network.