- Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ launched in India, prices start at ₹ 57,900
- TARIFF WAR – Jio Republic Day 2018 Offer : Plans start at ₹ 49
- Honor 9 Lite with Quad Cameras and 18:9 FullView FHD+ display launched
- TARIFF WAR - Jio Happy New Year 2018 Plans : 1GB data per day for ₹ 149 for 28 days
- Android Malware Targets 232 Banking Apps Including Indian Banks
Vodafone India launches its 4G services in the City of Joy, Kolkata. With this, Kolkata becomes the first metro city where the telco has rolled out its 4G services. It was the same city which became the launch pad of 4G services in India in 2012.
Presently, the services are available in BBD Bag, Park Street, Alipore, Ballygunge, Salt Lake Sector 5, Airport and EM bypass. The roll – out will be completed across the city by June 2016, in a phased manner.
Vodafone is using the FDD-LTE standard on 1800MHz band (Band 3) in Kolkata. The company has already started offering 4G SIM cards to its subscribers.
Vodafone has announced an array of exciting offers which includes, 3 months of FREE subscription to Vodafone Movie and Vodafone Music, 100% Extra data on recharging with a data pack of 1GB and above and 100% Extra data for Vodafone Red customers for the first three months. The company has also announced new data packs starting from 150 MB for ₹ 42 to 25 GB for ₹ 2,049.