- Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ launched in India, prices start at ₹ 57,900
- TARIFF WAR – Jio Republic Day 2018 Offer : Plans start at ₹ 49
- Honor 9 Lite with Quad Cameras and 18:9 FullView FHD+ display launched
- TARIFF WAR - Jio Happy New Year 2018 Plans : 1GB data per day for ₹ 149 for 28 days
- Android Malware Targets 232 Banking Apps Including Indian Banks
Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) CMD Mukesh Ambani has announced the commercial launch of jio at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) today. The roll out will begin on September 5, 2016. Post which, Jio will begin a Welcome Offer, under which consumers will get the same benefits (as in Preview) until December 31, 2016
The company will not charge for voice calls and SMS. Also, the plans won’t attract any roaming charges in India. The biggest surprise is its 4G LTE base rate which is fixed at Rs. 50/GB which is 1/5th of other players. For customers, whose usage will be 75GB and above, the base rate will slide down to Rs. 25/GB which is 1/10th of other players.
Jio will put an end to VOICE CALL charges in India. No Jio customer will ever have to pay for voice calls again: Mukesh Ambani
— Reliance Jio (@reliancejio) September 1, 2016
The company has announced special offers for students under which they will receive 25% more data on the production of a valid student identity card. Tariff plans starts at Rs. 149 and goes upto Rs. 4,999. All data plans comes with 28 days’ validity and includes Jio apps subscription worth Rs. 1,260.
Let’s have a look at the tariff plans :