- Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ launched in India, prices start at ₹ 57,900
- TARIFF WAR – Jio Republic Day 2018 Offer : Plans start at ₹ 49
- Honor 9 Lite with Quad Cameras and 18:9 FullView FHD+ display launched
- TARIFF WAR - Jio Happy New Year 2018 Plans : 1GB data per day for ₹ 149 for 28 days
- Android Malware Targets 232 Banking Apps Including Indian Banks
Reliance Industries CMD Mukesh Ambani announces that the free usage benefits under Reliance Jio Welcome Offer have been extended till March 31, 2017. The company announced its 4G services in September 2016. The new offer will be known as ‘Jio Happy New Year Offer.’
“Starting December 4, 2016, every new Jio user will get the data, voice, and full bouquet of the Jio apps free till 31 March 2017,” Mukesh Ambani said. He also added, “This is the Jio Happy New Year Offer. All our existing 52 million users will continue to enjoy the Welcome Offer till 31 December, and then automatically be signed up for the New Year Offer. No need to buy a new SIM.”. he also said that a Jio user is using 25 times more data than an average Indian Broadband user. He, however, expressed his displeasure at other operators for not releasing sufficient points of interconnect, thereby leading to more call drops.
The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) had asked Jio to end its Welcome Offer by December 3. As per the regulations, a promotional offer can’t last more than 90 days. During Jio Happy New Year Offer, Jio users will have a daily FUP limit of 1 GB (Presently 4GB).
Mukesh Ambani also announced that the JioMoney app will be available for download to everyone starting December 5, 2016. JioMoney is a digital wallet service by Reliance Jio