- Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ launched in India, prices start at ₹ 57,900
- TARIFF WAR – Jio Republic Day 2018 Offer : Plans start at ₹ 49
- Honor 9 Lite with Quad Cameras and 18:9 FullView FHD+ display launched
- TARIFF WAR - Jio Happy New Year 2018 Plans : 1GB data per day for ₹ 149 for 28 days
- Android Malware Targets 232 Banking Apps Including Indian Banks
Qualcomm Technologies announces its latest premium-tier mobile platform, the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor with X16 LTE. The Snapdragon 835 processor is the first mobile platform to be commercially manufactured using the 10nm FinFET process node and features:
- Kryo 280 CPU with four performance cores running at up to 2.45 GHz and four efficiency cores running up to 1.9GHz;
- an integrated Snapdragon X16 LTE modem with support for Category 16 LTE download speeds up to one gigabit per-second, and Category 13 LTE upload speeds up to 150 megabits per-second;
- integrated 2×2 11ac MU-MIMO with up to 50 percent reduction in size and up to 60 percent reduction in Wi-Fi power consumption, compared to the Snapdragon 820;
- 802.11ad Multi-gigabit Wi-Fi, offering up to 4.6 gigabits per-second peak speed;
- the world’s first certified Bluetooth 5 commercial technology offering up to two megabits per-second speed and a suite of features that enable many new use cases (Bluetooth, FM radio,Wi-Fi and RF offered through companion WCN3990 solution);
- Adreno 540 GPU with support for OpenGL ES 3.2, full OpenCL 2.0, Vulkan and DX12;
- Hexagon 682 DSP with HVX;
- Qualcomm All-Ways Aware™ technology with support for the Google Awareness API;
- dual-channel LP DDR4x memory at 1866MHz;
- Qualcomm Location with support for GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo, and QZSS systems, which in combination with LTE/Wi-Fi/Bluetooth connectivity to provide “always-on” location and context awareness;
- up to 32 MP single and 16 MP dual-camera with Qualcomm Spectra 180 ISP, 2x ISP, 14-bit, hybrid autofocus (laser/contrast/structured light/dual-phase detection AF), Qualcomm® Clear Sight™, optical zoom, hardware accelerated face detection and HDR video recording;
- 4K Ultra HD video capture @ 30 fps, up to 4K Ultra HD video playback @ 60 fps, support for H.264 (AVC) and H.265 (HEVC);
- maximum On-Device and External Display Support including Ultra HD Premium™ ready, 4K @60fps, wide color gamut support, 10-bit color depth;
- Quick Charge 4 technology;
- the Snapdragon security platform including the Qualcomm® SecureMSM™ hardware and software and the Qualcomm Haven security suite;
- Qualcomm Aqstic™ WCD9341 audio codec combined with Snapdragon 835 supports an audiophile grade DAC with 32-bit/384kHz support with an SNR at 115dB and ultra-low -105dB THD+N and native DSD hi-fi audio playback. Additionally, the Snapdragon 835 supports Qualcomm® aptX™ and aptX HD Bluetooth audio with 2x improved power for wireless connectivity;
- and manufactured on 10nm FinFET technology.
Qualcomm also announced ODG R-8 and R-9 Mobile AR/VR Smartglasses will be the first announced devices powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor. R-8 is ODG’s first consumer mobile AR/VR smartglasses, targeted at the consumer early adopter, and R-9 is for a wide variety of wide field-of-view (FOV) experiences from light enterprise, to prosumer media consumption, and as a development platform for sophisticated mobile AR/VR and smartglasses applications.
R-8 brings the power of mobile virtual computing to consumers. With a greater than 40˚ FOV and HD resolution, innovative consumers can access the familiarity of movies, sports, gaming, navigation and education experiences but on smartglasses that are lighter, smaller and sleeker than any other device in ODG’s portfolio. R-8 offers the same private screen that floats in your view, wherever you are and however you are moving, with the added dimension of AR, VR and Mixed Reality overlays for a richer computing experience.
R-9 is based on ODG’s award-winning 50° FOV and 1080p Project Horizon platform, and is a winner in three CES Innovation Award categories. Targeted to a variety of WFOV experiences from light enterprise to prosumer mobile media consumption, it is also a development platform for sophisticated mobile AR/VR and smartglasses applications. Both devices benefit from advanced features within Qualcomm Technologies’ Snapdragon VR SDK, such as hardware accelerated, visual inertial odometry based 6DOF motion tracking.