- Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ launched in India, prices start at ₹ 57,900
- TARIFF WAR – Jio Republic Day 2018 Offer : Plans start at ₹ 49
- Honor 9 Lite with Quad Cameras and 18:9 FullView FHD+ display launched
- TARIFF WAR - Jio Happy New Year 2018 Plans : 1GB data per day for ₹ 149 for 28 days
- Android Malware Targets 232 Banking Apps Including Indian Banks
Samsung India finally announces the successor to the Gear S2 by launching the Gear S3 smartwatch. The device will be available through its leading sales channels from January 18, 2017.
The Samsung Gear S3 smartwatch is IP68 certified (water resistant) and sports a 1.3inch Super AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass SR+ protection. The device is powered by a Exynos 7270 dual – core processor clocked at 1.0Ghz with 768MB of RAM and 4GB of internal storage. The device packs a 380mAh battery with Wireless charging facility and includes Accelerometer, Gyro, Barometer, HRM and Ambient light sensors.
The Samsung Gear S3 smartwatch runs on Tizen Based Wearable OS 2.3.2 with an option where users can activate the SOS from the designated button to alert family, friends and emergency professionals about crisis situations, even when their phone isn’t in-hand. The smartwatch packs inbuilt speakers, GPS and WiFi.
The smartwatch is compatible with devices running on Android 4.4 and higher with over 1.5GB RAM, iOS 9.0 and later, and will be available in two designs – frontier and classic.