- TARIFF WAR – Jio Republic Day 2018 Offer : Plans start at ₹ 49
- Honor 9 Lite with Quad Cameras and 18:9 FullView FHD+ display launched
- TARIFF WAR - Jio Happy New Year 2018 Plans : 1GB data per day for ₹ 149 for 28 days
- Android Malware Targets 232 Banking Apps Including Indian Banks
- OnePlus 5T Star Wars Limited Edition smartphone launched at ₹ 38,999
The Indian Telecom Regulator, Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) on Friday has released the Telecom Consumers Protection (Tenth Amendment) Regulations, 2016 permitting special data vouchers with longer validity of 365 days.
As per the existing regulations, operators are allowed to provide data services in the form of special tariff vouchers either exclusively or in combination with other tariff items with a maximum permitted validity of 90 days.
“Requests were received in TRAI seeking longer validity of data-packs primarily to address the concern of marginal consumers of wireless Internet who prefer lower denomination data packs with longer validity.”, the regulator said in a statement.