- Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ launched in India, prices start at ₹ 57,900
- TARIFF WAR – Jio Republic Day 2018 Offer : Plans start at ₹ 49
- Honor 9 Lite with Quad Cameras and 18:9 FullView FHD+ display launched
- TARIFF WAR - Jio Happy New Year 2018 Plans : 1GB data per day for ₹ 149 for 28 days
- Android Malware Targets 232 Banking Apps Including Indian Banks
In a bid to catch up with Reliance Jio, State run Telecom operator Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) has decided to slash its Mobile Internet data packs by three – fourths, bringing down the cost of per GB data to as low as ₹ 36 under a special pack.
“BSNL has decided to offer up to four times extra data on existing data STVs (special tariff vouchers) available in the market,” BSNL said in a statement. It also added, “With these offers BSNL is now offering data at the rate of ₹ 36 per GB which is one of the lowest in the industry,”. Private Telecom Operators (except Reliance Jio) has brought down their rates to as low as ₹ 50. Reliance Jio is offering 1GB of Free 4G Data and unlimited voice calling on a daily basis till March 31, 2017 under Reliance Jio Happy New Year Offer.
Under ₹ 291 plan, a customer will get a four times more data at 8 GB with a validity of 28 days against 2 GB earlier. The ₹ 78 plan will now offer double data at 2 GB.
These offers will be valid for all Prepaid customers starting February 6, on a PAN India basis.