- Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ launched in India, prices start at ₹ 57,900
- TARIFF WAR – Jio Republic Day 2018 Offer : Plans start at ₹ 49
- Honor 9 Lite with Quad Cameras and 18:9 FullView FHD+ display launched
- TARIFF WAR - Jio Happy New Year 2018 Plans : 1GB data per day for ₹ 149 for 28 days
- Android Malware Targets 232 Banking Apps Including Indian Banks
Reliance Industries CMD Mukesh Ambani announces that Reliance Jio has added 100 Million customers in just 170 days. He announced the new Jio Prime subscription plan that will provide them the same free calls, data and other services they received under the Happy New Year plan at a price of ₹ 303 per month (~ ₹ 10 per day).
Mukhesh Ambani also said that the Jio users make 200-crore minutes of voice and video per day, and consumed over 100 crore GB of data in the month of January. He also added that India ranks No.1 in the world now in terms of mobile data consumption (Previously 150).
The new Jio Prime membership will be available for all customers who join on the network or/before March 31, 2017. Users can start registering themselves for Jio Prime membership starting March 1, 2017; at a price of ₹ 99 per year. Registration window for Jio Prime membership will close on March 31, 2017. Once user enrolls for Jio Prime membership, they will have to have make a payment of ₹ 303 per month to enjoy those benefits that they have received under Happy New Year Offer.
Those who don’t opt for Prime membership will be ported to the prepaid or postpaid Reliance Jio tariff plans. Ambani clearly mentioned that all voice calls made from the network will continue to remain free with ZERO Roaming charges.