- Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ launched in India, prices start at ₹ 57,900
- TARIFF WAR – Jio Republic Day 2018 Offer : Plans start at ₹ 49
- Honor 9 Lite with Quad Cameras and 18:9 FullView FHD+ display launched
- TARIFF WAR - Jio Happy New Year 2018 Plans : 1GB data per day for ₹ 149 for 28 days
- Android Malware Targets 232 Banking Apps Including Indian Banks
After Reliance Jio announced its tariff plans, all the operators are now in rush to match Jio’s tariff plans. Reliance Jio had promised 1 GB of Free 4G Data with unlimited voice calls and SMS facility at just ₹ 303 for 28 days for Jio Prime users. Normal Jio users can upgrade to Jio Prime simply by paying a one-time fee of ₹ 99. Now, all the other operators have started announcing new tariff plans between ₹ 340 to 350 to counter Reliance Jio.
Let’s quickly go through the offers:
- Jio Prime 303 Plan: This plan is applicable for Jio Prime users. Normal Jio subscribers can upgrade their connection to Jio Prime by paying a one-time fee of ₹ 99. This will make their connection valid till March 31, 2018. The 303 Plan will offer the same benefits of Jio’s Happy New Year Offer which includes – 1GB of Free 4G Data with unlimited voice calls and 100 SMS per day. Once the user hits the 1GB limit, speeds will be reduced to 128kbps. The company has also announced ‘Buy One Get One Free’ Recharge offer. Under which, if a Jio prime user recharges his mobile number with ₹ 303 or ₹ 499 and above on or before March 31, 2017, then he/she will get an additional data of 5GB and 10GB for Free. This plan is valid for 28 days.
- Airtel 349 Plan: Airtel is offering this plan to selective users. Under this plan, airtel is offering unlimited free voice calls. Customers will also get 28GB of Free data for 28 days with FUP of 1 GB per day. You will get 0.5 GB of data throughout the day and the remaining 0.5GB between 3 AM to 5 AM.
- Vodafone 346 Plan: Vodafone is offering you 28GB of Free 4G Data with FUP of 1 GB per day with 300 minutes of voice calling per day. Once you cross the 300-minute limit, you will be charged at 30 paisa/minute. Customers, who subscribe to this plan on/before March 15, 2017, will get double data and double validity benefits i.e, (56 GB for 56 Days).
- Idea 345 Plan: At ₹ 345, Idea is offering you 14 GB of 4G Data for 28 days with FUP of 0.5GB per day. You will also get unlimited voice calling and SMS facility.
Airtel, Vodafone and Idea will start charging you at base rates after you the FUP Limit. Both Vodafone and Idea charge you 4p/10KB which translates to ₹ 4000/GB. However, there is no official confirmation from the operators at the time of preparing this article.
Reliance Jio the disruption the Indian Telecom Industry with its super affordable tariff plans. Reliance Jio needs to offer their services at dirt-cheap rates to retain its 100-million users. On the other hand, rivals need to Match Jio ‘Tariff – By – Tariff’ so that they don’t lose their market share.