- Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ launched in India, prices start at ₹ 57,900
- TARIFF WAR – Jio Republic Day 2018 Offer : Plans start at ₹ 49
- Honor 9 Lite with Quad Cameras and 18:9 FullView FHD+ display launched
- TARIFF WAR - Jio Happy New Year 2018 Plans : 1GB data per day for ₹ 149 for 28 days
- Android Malware Targets 232 Banking Apps Including Indian Banks
Yesterday, Reliance Jio on Monday filed a complaint against Airtel’s ad campaign with the Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI), alleging that the findings are false, misleading, and incorrect. Today, Both Airtel and Ookla have responded to Reliance’s Jio’s complaint. You can read them below.
Airtel is one of the most trusted and admired brands in India. We also pride ourselves in maintaining the highest standards of governance and transparency and have been recognized by globally reputed institutions like Transparency International.
Our latest advertising campaign is based on the findings by Ookla, the global leader in Speed test and internet diagnostics. Ookla’s findings are based on rigorous and extensive testing across millions of devices and employs the best of data analytics.
We are rather amused by the allegations being made against our campaign. We believe that this is a deliberate attempt to malign our brand and misguide customers through a campaign of misinformation, which is something we now come across on a regular basis, in particular, on social media platforms.
Rajiv Mathrani, Chief Brand Officer, Bharti Airtel
Ookla also said that it stands behind Airtel being named “India’s Fastest Mobile Network” based on data from Q3 and Q4 of 2016.