- TARIFF WAR – Jio Republic Day 2018 Offer : Plans start at ₹ 49
- Honor 9 Lite with Quad Cameras and 18:9 FullView FHD+ display launched
- TARIFF WAR - Jio Happy New Year 2018 Plans : 1GB data per day for ₹ 149 for 28 days
- Android Malware Targets 232 Banking Apps Including Indian Banks
- OnePlus 5T Star Wars Limited Edition smartphone launched at ₹ 38,999
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi launched the Aadhaar-based payments through BHIM App service for merchants. BHIM App was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on December 30, 2016. Within 10 days of its launch, the app had clocked 10 million installs. BHIM Aadhaar would be applicable for retail merchants (individuals and sole proprietors) only and not for corporate merchants.
BHIM Aadhaar works on NPCI’s existing product – Aadhaar Enabled Payment System (AePS). It allows the customer to make purchases using their Aadhaar number linked with their bank account. The transaction just require customer’s fingerprint for authentication.
NPCI has also announced the updated version of BHIM App for Android and iOS users.
Key features of the latest version (BHIM 1.3):
1. Three new languages: Marathi, Punjabi and Assamese have been added to BHIM application. Total number of languages in BHIM app now stands at 12.
2. Use phone contacts to send money: Customers can now browse the contact list of their phones to select beneficiaries for sending money. This is applicable to mobile numbers of users who are already registered with BHIM / *99#.
3. Enhanced QR feature: With the new version, users can browse QR code which is saved in their mobile phones to Scan and Pay. Apart from these key updates, upgraded BHIM app has made possible blocking/unblocking to prevent unknown collect requests.
The Government has also launched two new schemes to promote BHIM App usage :
- For customers: Existing users can bring in new users and get ₹ 10 for every successful referral.
- For Merchants: Cashback on every transaction done.