- TARIFF WAR – Jio Republic Day 2018 Offer : Plans start at ₹ 49
- Honor 9 Lite with Quad Cameras and 18:9 FullView FHD+ display launched
- TARIFF WAR - Jio Happy New Year 2018 Plans : 1GB data per day for ₹ 149 for 28 days
- Android Malware Targets 232 Banking Apps Including Indian Banks
- OnePlus 5T Star Wars Limited Edition smartphone launched at ₹ 38,999
Taking on the JioPhone, Airtel’s Karbonn A40 Indian and BSNL’s Bharat 1, Vodafone today has launched the Micromax Bharat 2 Ultra smartphone at an effective price of ₹ 999. Notably, Micromax partnered with BSNL to launch the Bharat 1 4G feature phone.
The handset will go on sale via Vodafone Stores and selected retail outlets starting November. Interested users can own the device by making a down payment of ₹ 2,899. Then, they will have to recharge their Vodafone SIM for ₹ 150 for the next 36 months to claim the cashback. The cashback will be credited in the user’s Vodafone M-Pesa wallet. The user will be eligible for ₹ 1,900 cashback which will be credited in two installments. At the end of the 18th month, the user will receive ₹ 900 and the remaining ₹ 1,000 will be credited at the end of 36 months.
The Micromax Bharat 2 Ultra sports a 4inch screen and is powered by a quad-core processor with 512MB of RAM and 4GB of built-in storage. The device runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out-of-the-box. The handset features a 2MP primary camera and a 0.3MP secondary camera. The device packs a 1,300mAh.
After Tariff War, telcos have joined hands with handset manufacturers to provide 4G affordable handsets.