- TARIFF WAR – Jio Republic Day 2018 Offer : Plans start at ₹ 49
- Honor 9 Lite with Quad Cameras and 18:9 FullView FHD+ display launched
- TARIFF WAR - Jio Happy New Year 2018 Plans : 1GB data per day for ₹ 149 for 28 days
- Android Malware Targets 232 Banking Apps Including Indian Banks
- OnePlus 5T Star Wars Limited Edition smartphone launched at ₹ 38,999
In a bid to simplify the process of linking mobile phone numbers with Aadhaar, the Government has announced 3 new methods which will enable the subscribers to complete the process without visiting the stores of telecom operators. These include : Aadhaar OTP (One Time Password), Aadhaar App and IVRS (Interactive Voice Response System) facility. Presently, subscribers are needed to visit the stores of telecom operators to complete the process.
For the ease of senior citizens and the people with disability and chronic illness, DoT (Department of Telecommunications) has also recommended for the re-verification at the doorstep of the subscribers. To facilitate such requests, the telecom operators have been asked to provide an online mechanism for subscribers to request such a service and based on the availability, they will schedule the visit to complete the process. Telecom operators have also been asked to equip themselves with Iris scanners for those who face difficulties in fingerprint based authentication.
All mobile subscribers, including prepaid and postpaid, need to complete the re-verification process by February 6, 2018.